Speech & Language Therapy
What is Speech and language Therapy?
Speech and language therapy treats a wide variety of disorders and delays related to articulation, expressive and receptive language, late talking, social skills, fluency, auditory processing and so much more.
What is Expressive Language?
Difficulties with verbally communicating thoughts and ideas.
What is Receptive Language?
A child with a receptive language disorder has trouble understanding what is being said to them.
What can Fox Therapy services do for my child?
At Fox Therapy Services, our mission is to enable people of all ages to become confident communicators.
Birth - 6 Months
- Intelligibility by unknown listeners at 18 months: 25% Intelligibility by unknown listeners at 2 years: 50-70%
- Starts to name pictures in books
- Uses a lot of new words
- Asks simple questions (i.e. “What’s that?”)
- Puts 2 words together
- Points to few body parts when asked
- Follows 1 step directions
- Responds to simple questions
- Points to pictures in a book when they are named
- Sounds by age 3: /h, w, m, n, b, p, f/ – Intelligibility by known listeners at 3 years: 80%
- By age 3 child is saying final consonants
- Has words for most things Uses prepositions in, on, under Asks “Why?”
- Puts 3 words together Understood by known listeners
- Understands differences in meanings (i.e. go/stop, big/little, up/down)
- Follows 2 step directions
- Understands new words quickly
- Sounds by age 4: /d, t, k, g, y, ng/ – Intelligibility by known listeners at 4 years: 90-100%
- By age 4 cluster reduction is eliminated
- Answers simple who, what, and where questions
- Uses rhyming words
- Uses pronouns I, you, me, we, and they
- Uses some plurals
- Understood by most Puts 4 words together Asks when and where
- Understands words for colors Understands words for shapes
- Understands words for family Responds when you call from another room questions
- Sounds by age 5: /l, v, j, ch, sh/
- Names letters and numbers
- Uses sentences with more than 1 action word
- Keeps conversations going
- Tells a short story
- Understands words for order (first, next, last)
- Understands words for time (Yesterday, today)
- Follows classroom directions
- Hears and understands most of what is heard at home
We absolutely love Fox Therapy Services and we are so glad we found Jessie! After trying several other Speech Therapists we were feeling frustrated and a bit lost. Our son is 4 & I wanted him to be able to receive the help and tools he needs while still having fun in the process. Jessie as an awesome ability to make Speech Therapy enjoyable for him. He looks forward to going every week and we have seen him make amazing progress. Jessie is very knowledgeable in Speech Pathology, yet talks to me mom-to-mom, which I so appreciate. We would definitely recommend Jessie & Fox Therapy Services!
I cannot say enough about Fox Speech Services! We worked with Ms Stefanie. My daughter was extremely speech delayed. We had been at another independent therapist and I just felt that they were misdiagnosing her. Luckily, due to a change in health insurance and through the referral of our pre-school, we enrolled with Ms Stefanie and the rest is history. My daughter has fully developed in her verbal communication and is now confident in herself because she can articulate. We recommend this place all the time.
I recently saw Amelia, the lactation consultant, who is IBCLC certified as well as a dietician. My 5 month old had been having weight gain issues, and Amelia was very professional, compassionate, and thorough. Amelia made recommendations and frequently followed up with us to see how things were going and to see if those recommendations needed to be modified. She was always available and you could tell that she truly loves and is passionate about what she does. Amelia shared her own personal struggles with breastfeeding, which made me feel comfortable and like I wasn't the only one having issues with this. I feel like her also being a dietician gives her a rounded out perspective. It seems that many lactation consultants are anti-formula, but Amelia approached our case without judgment and worked with us so that we could ultimately continue breastfeeding but also meet nutritional needs and gain weight.
Jessie is literally a miracle worker. I am one of her older patients, so I was not sure how much work could actually be done for someone who wasn't a child. But wow. In 3 months time Jessie worked so hard with me and boy did it pay off. She helped my speech and now I can barely hear my previous sharpness in speech. And it doesn't hurt that she is also a lovely, gregarious, kind woman. Go see Jessie, she knows what she's doing!!!!
My 2.5 yr old son has been seeing the owner Jessie for almost 6 months now. When we first contacted Fox speech services we were in the process of getting my sons surgery scheduled for a tongue and lip tie release. My 2.5yr old was not talking AT ALL. I was beyond concerned and my gut was always filled with worry. I had my doubts. From the first session I still had doubts because it's play based. We're six months in and I have absolutely been proven wrong. My son who wasn't talking has over 20-25 words and is working on two word combos now and his comprehension of speech is taking off. We wouldn't be where we are right now with out Jessie and her fantastic team. They've become family to us and I'm so grateful and thankful for finding them.